Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Motorhead - What's Words Worth? (1983) LP Astan Music



This is a live LP, recorded back in 1978 with the classic Motorhead line up - Filthy Phil Taylor, Fast Eddie Clark and Lemmy. It's an interesting glimpse at the early years of the band with super early Motorhead tracks and a stellar cover of 'I'm Your Witchdoctor' - a great John Mayall track, originally recorded with Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton.



It's not the best quality or performance, but the songs are good choices and it has that Motorhead drive and power that is very much its own thing. This has been re-released as Iron Fist and The Hordes From Hell and available on CD and LP. This happens to be the original LP, released on the German label Astan Music and one I forgot I had until I went on a Motorhead kick a little while back, watching the Lemmy movie and going through my collection to listen to their back catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment