Wednesday, July 6, 2011

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976) LP Albert Productions




AC/DC released this record originally in 1976 in Australia on Albert Production before its US release in 1981. The track list was substantially different, with the Australian album including 'Jailbreak' and 'Rock On' and completely different artwork.

It's full of fan favorite tracks and is certified 6x platinum, making it the thrid best selling AC/DC album of all-time, after Highway To Hell (7x platinum) and Back In Black (22x platinum, THE best selling album by a band of all-time) - and totally deserves it. 'Dirty Deeds...' and 'Big Balls' are favorites AC/DC tracks of mine and the US release of this album has been in my collection for a very long time. It was recorded right when the band was starting to get some big time international attention and when Bon Scott was at his best. 'Problem Child' is a recent fav of mine, one that gives you a damn good idea of their power as a rock band.



I picked this up at Laurie's - a behind-the-counter rarity and one I ket passing up, because I couldn't justify the cost for an album I already have the international release on both CD and vinyl. But, I kept looking at it every time I went in and just gave in, picking it up and happy to do so.

It also coincided with my reading a very good AC/DC biography that rekindled my interest in the band. Granted, they are known for playing simple, straight-forward rock - something I usually balk at - but damn, they are just too good and this is certainly one of the most solid rock albums ever released.

No comments:

Post a Comment