Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Extra Hot Sauce - Taco Of Death (1988) LP Peaceville Records




When I have a bummer day at work, this is one of the few records I liked to put on at work (via you tube) and listen to. It never fails to make me smile. Extra Hot Sauce is a thrash/crossover/grindcore band with a damn good sense of humor. They only released this album from what I can tell and were notable for their drummer, Dan Liker, who would later play bass with the fabled Nuclear Assault.

Pretty much every song here is offensive in a late-1980's kinda way, like the lyriks for AIDS which go:

AIDS/Who fucking cares?



Which is funny if you are into offensive and massively irreverant humor, but no so much if you are thin-skinned.



They also cover a slew of songs, most notably 'Communication Breakdown' by Zeppelin - in a bit over a minute. It's pretty much unreconizable, but its still damn funny and I laugh ever time I hear it. Their cover of Sabbath's 'Paranoid' is way less thrashy and fast - at least for the intro. Then it speeds up with blast beats and its just awesome.

This was a record I really had to argue myself into getting as I tend to stay away from this kind of fringe joke band stuff, especially hard-to-find records that command big money. This was found on the cheap on eBay and I snagged it happily. It's an interesting release in the pantheon of late 1980's thrash and one that you could easily see inspiring modern thrash bands like Municipal Waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment